Monday, July 4, 2005

Tom Jones and me

Last night as I wandered around Sandy's house, listening to music piped in via some sort of music service on the television, I had visions of being a drag king.  Unfortunately, my hips are unmistakeable as those of a real woman.  Only a queen dressed for satire would look like this.

I would need a professional make-up artist and some engineers to pull off drag, but my gawd! wouldn't it be fun to drape scarves on cute women while lip-synching something like "I'm a girl watcher" or "What's new, pussycat?"  Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa....

There are some great songs for drag kings out there.  The lustier, the better. And I am not a singer by any means, but some songs I think I could actually pull off because they do not require much from the voice.  I wish I could remember what I heard last night....

I think my friends would absolutely die to see me cutting up since I am so quiet the rest of the time.  A tacky act or not, it could be fun.  Too bad I'm not pretty.  If there was a singer out there that was scarred up... I'd be a shoo-in. 

Well, there are legendary male singers who are ugly but they are also thin little monkeys....  Jagger, Tyler....

There might be some Elvis songs that could work, too.

LOL

No comments: