Sunday, July 3, 2005

7.3.05.II

It's actually 7/4 now.  It's O dark 30.  Actually according to the clock, it's just after 2 a.m.

I am in Cristy's mother's house, in Cristy's sister's bed, using Cristy's computer.  Cristy knew I'd jones and turned it over to me so that I could do what I feel compelled to.  She's such a good friend.  How can I say that with all the emPHAsis it deserves?

I wanted to reach the woman I have been flirting with online for many days.  Today is her birthday.  I tried sending her a Hallmark greeting this morning, but the e-cards weren't flying right, so I created one of my own for her.  Gotta love Google Image Search!

So Cristy's mom had her friends bring over a single woman for me.  But no one bothered to introduce us.  My gaydar...  well, sometimes it doesn't function right.  It took me a long while to note that the women who accompanied this new person had matching rings.

I didn't assume anything about this new person.  I just went about my business.  Being quiet and minding my own business is pretty much my business. 

It's actually pretty major that I have assimilated enough chutzpah to go to people's houses and be comfortable just being me, as only quasi-normal as that is.

I am not someone most people would immediately choose as blue ribbon.  I have a bad complexion, I dress only passable, I slouch.  I don't make much money, I have little free time, I don't cook or clean for myself unless I really feel pressure to do so.

So anyway there was this woman, a cute blonde.  I never spoke to her.  She attended her friends.  I ignored her. 

I was asked to go out with these women next Saturday night.  Help!

It's not the "going out"... it's having any energy left for going out.  I work the library and the kennel next Saturday.  No one ever understands how tired I am at the end of one of those days.

Maybe I need to buy a can of Red Bull....

 

Tonight I discovered that I like cranberry juice with lime and vodka.  I am not a drinker of any calibre.  If that has a name, I don't know what it is.  I just know that it was pretty cool.  Not overwhelming in taste nor in effect on my noggin.  I was just curious about the vodka, and it was sitting out on the counter....  I was in a mood to allow alcohol to loosen me up but responsibility is my middle name.

You'll think I've been drinking when you hear all the things I did today (yesterday.)

But right now... I need to sleep.

I repeat, stay safe....

No comments: