Sunday, October 30, 2005

I haven't played reversi in over a week!

Last night, I painted my face for my Halloween costume and intended to go out.  Then I realized that no one had told me when the official day for Halloween was.

Monday is the day but Saturday is the day it should be.  I went late to the animal hospital.  The doctor was there.  She didn't care that I was late.  "I think it's better for the dogs," she said.  Then she invited me to her house for dinner.  She's sweet like that.  She said that everyone else at her house was sitting down to eat when she had to go to the hospital to help some folks out with their pet.

I paid no attention to what she was doing but went to the kennel.  I was late for a very important date.  There were only 5 or 6 dogs so it went fast.

Then I came back to my parent's house for a short bit and then went out to my favorite of the three gay bars in the next county.  (I think one is only gay on Tuesday.  LOL) 

There are two full-time gay bars.  One has had many gay incarnations.  I liked it best when it had couches to lounge on.  If I have a comfortable place to sit, I'm good. 

But I digress. So I went in and had to remove my mask to gain access.  I got water and a seat and ogled people.  The show started and I watched a few routines, then I left.

There was a dark angel seated before me, a lovely girl, but large.  I was tempted to flirt but big girls are always breaking my heart because of all their personal issues.  It's time to let a thinner woman crush me, just to prove it's all relative.

The whole point of this damn journal is to release everything, to empty my soul, regardless.   To hold nothing back.

The other part of the secret, in hindsight, is to not tell anyone you personally know about it.  I realize that now.

Library co-workers know my innermost heart.   Thatmakes me... vulnerable.

Initially Cristy was wowed by the things I revealed.  Now I bet she doesn't even read me.  I'm just lucky that she is still a very caring friend who would do just about anything within reason for me.  She and her family are a great comfort to me and I try not to take too much advantage of it although if you let me sprawl on your couch and you play with my hair, like Cristy and her mom do... well... that can only encourage more lounging.  Then you always feed me when I come over and you might as well put a collar on me.

The Bird used to call me her "pet neighbor."

 

Today I lolled in bed until about ten watching a light-hearted movie called "Saving Face" (about two successful Chinese-American lesbians in Flushing, NY), then I decided that maybe I could get my computer up and running instead of attempting to use the ones downstairs belonging to my parents.

I found a friend online and asked her to meet me for lunch.  That was nice and I'm happy that she said "Okay" when I asked her.   It's good to have single friends who can be free somewhat spontaneously.

I haven't heard from Em and I really don't know if things are really bad for her, if she's sick again or, worst case, she's blowing me off.  I can't let myself go nuts again over someone hurting me.  The good thing about Em is that she never said "I love you."  She never gave me false hope, though she did say that there would be times when we could actually have more time together.

Tomorrow is Halloween and I'm going to join my friends and be the werewolf.  With little kids around, it'll be all the more fun.  Then it's back to the grindstone.  I have two weeks coming up with no day off.  Yikes!  If I don't write in my journal before the end of November, you'l know I dropped dead from exhaustion.

 

I realized something the other day, which is:  why heterosexuals mostly have sex at night.  Because men fall asleep....

It took me this long?  Oh, brother!

 

(OK, yeah, I've fallen asleep after, too....)

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do read you you hussy!!!!!!!!

Cristy

Anonymous said...

I have thought about starting a blog, but realized it would only be useful to ME, if no one knows about it, but then, who would read it? no one, hmm, is that useful?  might as well put it on paper, and shred it afterwards. Guess I'll continue to let all this junk bounce around in my head.  I'm glad you're braver than I, and share with some of us the things bouncing around in YOUR head.
And I fall asleep too!, night is easier to pretend we are someone else, or with someone else.  It is also nice not to need to get up right away, and take care of something else, when I am feeling all melty.

Anonymous said...

if hetero women knew what we know.... there would be no more hetero women. :) judi