Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Princess Dream

This morning I had an unusual dream.  I was talking to a woman who apparently had been a landlady of mine at some point in the past.  We were just sitting and talking about things and she was telling me what happened to various people in the area since I left.

A tall, thinnish woman leaned in and greeted her and saw me and said, "I'll talk to you later," and ducked back out.  She said the woman's name.  The first name was familiar but the last name was different than I remembered.

I think I asked if she was formerly known as so-and-so and she said, "Yes.  She married herself a princess."

I was kind of blown away at that.  "What???"

"Yeah, she met a princess when she went to... (I forget where she said.  It was someplace sub-tropical... perhaps somewhere in the Keys.)

"And they got married???  WOW."

I sat quietly and pondered it for a moment... the dream faded some and the barking of the scottie dogs from the yard next door woke me.

Dreams sometimes mean something and sometimes are just the product of the brains disposal system.  Lately though, the only dreams I remember remembering had some significance.  This dream, I think, was just the by-product of my wish for an old someone.

 

I still haven't been able to reach my newer someone.  God only knows what's happened to her.  All I can do is wait.

6253

No comments: