Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Suspiciously warm and fuzzy and other stuff

Morning: 7:45 a.m.  I hear the familiar alert signal and know that Judith HeartSong has just posted her semi-daily entry.

I read her post.  I check the article she's talking about. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/11/AR2005101101781.html  I notice that she has another award, so I go to check out the blogger who gave it to her. The Love Train He has a nice journal.  He is suspiciously warm and fuzzy.  It's a wonder when men like him are het!

I notice that he has people who blog who he likes to promote.  It's so cool to find new people to read.  It's special when writers bond.

What are the characteristics of a successful blog?

With Judi, it's more than her art and more than her openness.  She is concise and she is kind.  She doesn't talk overly long and she is not self-pitying.  (I am.)  She is gracious to her readers.  Everything she says is true.  She tells you what you need to know without going into too much detail.  And the wonderful thing is that she never posts a bad entry.  Everything she says is thoughtful.  Even when she speaks of heartbreak, she doesn't leave you feeling bad, but rather hopeful... and rooting for her.

I've talked about the "spark of divinity" that we all have inside, as I see it.  I just happen to think that Judi's is a little bit bigger than most people's.

I am trying to be a better blogger.  In the past week, I think I achieved something of that when I told how I really felt deep inside about not getting to see my lover.  Yeah, I was a big baby, but that's who I am.

Ultimately, this journal is for me, but readers make it more real and can validate if not your thoughts then at least your right to them.  And receiving an accolade for something you wrote (which, aside from service, is the only thing I produce) makes you feel responsible and own what you say.

It just happens that I connect with Judi.  We have some things in common and that seems to smooth our ability to communicate.  Judi is... one of the best friends I never met.  I stand in the crowd of people who admire the stuffings out of her.

It's funny.  I enjoy the relative anonymity of this blog although I realize that it has potential perils.  I have tried to be careful not to reveal too much information about myself although if you read enough of this journal and it's links, you can learn or deduce where I live, who I am, what I do, who my people are and that I have a cat who is on a rubber band-free diet.  It's all there if you are savvy enough to figure it out.

I have been blind to bad karma and negativity between bloggers.  We're just a microcosm, after all, so it isn't a surprise.

Who's your favorite blogger?  Send me a link!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Completely agree with all you said about Judi. She most definitely has a divine spark.
My favorite blogger is Tillysweetchops at:
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Most definitely the Duchess of the Blog with her incredible knack for story-telling that either leaves you utterly amazed or holding your aching (from laughter ) stomach.
Maryanne

Anonymous said...

I am most honored by your words... we do share a wonderful friendship and trust is not something I give easily.

I could not pick out a favorite blog, but for passion and a love affair with the written word I would suggest:

http://journals.aol.com/justaname4me2/InTheShadowOfTheIris/


I am lucky to know you.
judi

Anonymous said...

oh! And one more:):):)

http://journals.aol.com/jevanslink/AskMrsLinklater/

judi