Sunday, September 4, 2005

Sunday morning:

Lightning woke me; a quiet flash not followed by a report of thunder, but so bright that it illuminated the inside of my eyelids. My blinds are closed. The awnings are down on the north side of the room. And I am sleeping on the floor. Still a great, quiet flash of light woke me.

Bollywood

If you have not yet experienced an Indian musical, I highly recommend going out and trying to see one. Or seeing if you can't borrow one from your library.

The stories are tales of love, mostly. Sometimes they are epic and filled with music and dance. Sometimes they are stories punctuated by music and dance. And these movies are filmed around the world.

The first one I saw was filmed in India and Egypt and Scotland. I recognized the castle that the principles were undulating around. That's no India, I said. The credits proved me right.

The stars these movies are good actors and singers and dancers. There's one fellow in the flick I just watched who seems to be the Indian incarnation of Elvis. He is gorgeous even by Western standards. Cleft chin, bluish eyes, high cheek bones, symmetrical face, big muscles with a lean build. Good God, were I straight.... And then when he sang and danced, he was so perfect and said to myself, "There's a good chance that boy is gay. He is just too good."

Yahoo! blog

The other day at work I walked by the computer bank and noticed that a young woman was blogging. I can't help the human instinct of curiousity, so I passed behind her quickly and noted that she was blogging on Yahoo! and that she had just written, "Why must it be so hot in Florida?"

Sproing! Rapid cartoonish shaking of the head in disbelief. Eyes wide. Sigh.

Let me explain. This is going to take a while because there is more than one reason: "Relative proximity to the equator...."

My goodness. Who the hell comes here thinking it's 76 degrees Fahrenheit all year long? DUH!

 

No comments: