Sunday, September 4, 2005

OK, I agree.

Our president's response to the Hurricane was slow because he is a dullard who does not give a rat's ass about the bulk of the American people, ESPECIALLY the poor people.  He would just as soon that we died off, leaving the place for him and his pals.

He is an elitist.  Did you overlook that when you chose him?  He is a multi-millionaire in a family that is very, very powerful.  He doesn't give a **** for you or me.

It takes the stupid *man* a while to think and it takes a while for his people to make up lines for him to say.

Have you ever seen true compassion on this *******'s face?  He ought to be skewered, or better yet, dropped naked into the streets of Iraq.

I saw a picture of Sen. Frist of Tenn., using his medical skills to help people on the scene.  here's the kind of man we need for president.  Someone who gets in there with his sleeves rolled up.  A Bob Graham, a Jimmy Carter.

How is it that we declined water-purification aid for Louisianna from Sweden?  Who the hell are we, anyway?  We are not playing the game right.

But we are taking gasoline from South Korea.  We are letting in 25 aid workers from the Phillipines. What is that all about?

I can't do anything but blog about it. It's so frustrating.  I tried to give blood but my veins were too thin.  I barely survive and can't donate much cash.  But I look around the lace at what I do have and think how fortunate I truly am. 

Not only do I have clothes and dishes and a warm, dry place to sleep, I have food and water (that I had to buy, but it's good water) and I have parents and friends who I know will open their door to me without hesitation.  Heck, I have keys to Dad's and Cristy lets me walk on in....

Ramona, too... tried to keep me at her house overnight when they got back from vacation.  No one has tried to rob, rape or kill me.  I have been robbed before, twice, but never while I was there on the scene.  Call me "blessed."

I have been viewing the disaster and reading the reports.  I am glad I waited.  You only get so much true information in the midst of the fury to get news out.  There is too much ego among newscasters. 

I'm sorry if this entry is more than enough for you now, having heard all about the Hurricane and its troubles for days now.  I want thisto stand. I want us not to forget that there are no promises and that security is just an illusion.

People from Louisiana are being transported to Arizona, Utah, Texas, Colorado and who knows where else.  They might not ever go back to the place they used to know as home, a place that might be in their blood, a place that might be in their hearts.

Imagine losing everything except what you can schlepp.  Imagine having to leave your pets.  Imagine seeking shelter only to be robbed, raped or killed.

America has had relatively few overwhelming disasters.  This one is stupendous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes.... they could have just dropped Bush in the middle of the first arena.... it would not have turned out to be a good "photo op" for him. judi