Sunday, November 27, 2005

Enough already

I am getting mail from people trying to tell me how to get action from AOL.

You know, I like AOL.  I just don't like the ads.

I can't imagine moving to any other server.  The customer service has been OUTSTANDING; a model for other companies.

I left primarily in support of my friends.  I understand the nature of advertising.  Almost everything you see when you open AOL is advertising something, football, movies, recipes, ways of living, cars...

I'd like to come back here.  That's the honest truth.

I also do not CARE if they delete my journal.  Really.  If you have ever read it, you know that I believe in the transient nature of things.

I'm leaving the trail of my life inside the people who have read and been affected by me.  The physical evidence of all people eventually fades.  Think of all of the people throughout history.  Very few names have stayed on our tongues.  Maybe this journal is as close as I ever get to 15 minutes of fame.  Still if we passed in the street, you wouldn't know me... and I am SO okay with that. I am content to be unimportant to the masses.

I have appreciated AOL for the Freedom of Speech it has afforded me.  They have never scolded or censored me.  I got some strange TOS (Terms of Service) message once, but I still have no idea what it was about.

I have made a few suggestions about how to get noticed in our complaint.  Hopefully, they weren't too mean.  I don't think we should resort to viciousness.  I've said it before.  I'd like to be able to come back... with my friends.

I would stand with my friends in a legal complaint.  I would sign my name to a petition... in fact, I'm pretty sure I did so already.

It behooves AOL to give us an ear.  In these days of cold business machines, listening to your customers is still an effective way to promote yourself and your good will. 

I guess I need to welcome suggestions but I really just want a peaceful resolution, no matter what the outcome.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as the ads are profitable, they will stay.  Journals leaving won't change their mind.

Moving just works best for me.  I'm not leaving J-land, I'm still here clicking and commenting and will continue.  I'm just not posting here anymore.  

~Sie http://persnicketypfft.blogspot.com/