Sunday, January 16, 2005

KKM

Hi Kim!  Knew you'd look!

This entry is all about Kim, my bud, my muse, my confidante, the repository of all my secrets, one of the very best people I will ever know.

The truth is that without this person in my life, I might not be alive today.  She infused me with lesbian lore, interest in life, energy to live it with. She taught me to peel back the viscous layer over my eyes and see the world with my mind and heart.

I haven't seen her... since the year my mother died.  I confess that I did bad things to Kim, but somehow we survived.

I idolized Kim to the point of imitation, but it was a crutch that got me to a better future.  I am ashamed of things I did in the past, and reticent about all the coulda, woulda, shouldas.  If I could relive my youth, I would have had a lot more sex than I did.  It's the truth.  I loved my friends and expressing it, even in the smallest ways, was beautiful.  With experience, I would have been much better at it much sooner!

The truth is that I was very shy.  People think I'm shy now.  They have no idea how very restrained I was at the age of 17 when I landed in college in Maine.  Kim sensed my energy.  I definitely noticed her.  She's beautiful. 

She deserves a book's worth of tribute.  I may continue this entry at a later point.

No comments: